Djokovic stuns Federer in semifinals

Djokovic stuns Federer in semifinals
Novak Djokovic ended the hopes of Roger Federer for a second title at the Australian Open with a thrilling victory successive semi-final on Thursday night.

Serbian third seed won 7-6 (7-3) 7-5 6-4 in Melbourne, has set up a final against either the British fifth seed Andy Murray or Spain, No. 7 David Ferrer, who play on Friday.

Djokovic, Federer won in straight sets at the same stage in order to win the 2008 title in Melbourne, which was his first and only Grand Slam success so far.

"It puts a lot of pressure on you, so I tried to keep until the last moment, and it was really one of the best matches I played in a while," the 23-year-old told the audience after the match.

In the second set was 5-2 down, I lost that God knows everything

"I had to try my luck. In the second set I was a break in 20 minutes I was 5-2 down, so if I had lost that which is God knows which way the fight would go. "

Second seed Federer had been hoping to extend his record 16 major crowns quarterfinals after main rival Rafael Nadal defeated his compatriot Ferrer Wednesday.

"Novak has played better today, I was able to accept and move on," Federer said.

"This is not the end, anyway. I wish I could have won here for the fifth time, but it was not tonight. "

He and Nadal have won 21 of last 23 Grand Slams between them, a run interrupted only by Djokovic and Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro in U.S. Open 2009. In 2008, Melbourne final, the last Grand Slam is not Nadal or Federer.

The Swiss player Djokovic fatigue due to an aggressive attack, and interfered with his unusual serve.

He saved three match points in the final game, but his resistance was ended with a tame return to the grid at the end of a three-hour battle.

"I can pass this with a good spirit, to be honest," Federer said. "This is the important thing now is that I feel like I have physical problems or not playing the right way it is. I feel very positive about what lies ahead of me."